New Website! UK tour!

Hey! Check it - I have updated the design for my website, Greghumphreys.net. Have a look around. It's a work in progress... your feedback is appreciated. Been working on the Alphons Mucha-inspired header for a while. Hope you dig.

SBOHEM, PRAHA

It's my last week here in Prague. I've had some wonderful times over the past five weeks... the band set at United Islands Festival was once again a real highlight of my visit. Many thanks to De Kuzmin, Anar Yusufov, Ben McGarr and Dusan Chernak for playing with me. You guys are just fantastic. 

I am playing a couple more shows here in Prague before I head out. I'm at James Joyce Pub tonight, 8:30 - 11pm. The address is U obecního dvora 4. Friday, I return to The Garden Cafe on the Riverwalk near Palaskeho Namesti, 7 - 10 pm.

Check this photo travelogue on my personal FB webpage for photographic proof of other Prague adventures. Thanks to Krisitine Bernholtz for hosting me, and thank you to all my Praguer friends for your hospitality and help. Hope to see you again very soon!

JULY UK TOURDATES

Happy to return to the UK for some dates before I head home. All show details are included in my schedule page. Thanks to Mick Terry, Bob Collum, Martyn Bonanza, and Ben Jordan for helping me get this run of dates together, and thanks to my pal Mary Liles for hosting me. Londoners, please spread the word about these shows.

Sat  July 21  Squeeze Cafe Leigh-on-Sea UK w/ Mick Terry
Tue  July 24  Powers Bar  Kilburn, London UK  w/ Ben Jordan 
Wed July 25  Resonance FM 104.4  London UK  Bonanza and Son Radio show 4 - 5pm GMT
Thur July 26  Lock Tavern  Camden, London UK  w/ Bob Collum - 'Countrier Than Thou' night  
Fri    July 27  What's Cookin' at Birkbeck Tavern  London UK  I-T-R w/ Mick Terry, Danny Champ
Sat   July 28  Sir Humphry Davy Inn  Penzance, Cornwall UK  w/ Ben Jordan
Sun  July 29  Studiobar  Penzance, Cornwall UK  w/ Ben Jordan

AUGUST - NC, ARKANSAS 

Back home in time for a HOBEX date on Thursday, August 9th for Raleigh NC's new outdoor Summer Concert Series, Oak City 7, held at City Plaza on Fayetteville St. Downtown. You know we'll be bringing an all-star band for this one! This show will also feature Archbishops of Blount Street at 5:30 pm and Jack the Radio at 6:45; Our set is at 8:15pm.

I'll be performing at the Stars in the Round Benefit Concert at the Shakori Hills Festival site on August 18th. I'll be participating in a Songwriters-In-the-Round with a bevy of talents: Andrew Marlin (of Mandolin Orange), Lynn Blakey (of Tres Chicas), Christy Smith (of The Tender Fruit), Lizzy Ross, Randy Dean Whitt, Crys Matthews, and Alex Hall. Chapel Hill’s The Ayr Mountaineers will follow with a set. Tickets are $10 in advance here or $15 at the gate. Free Camping. Proceeds go torward helping the Shakori organization buy the Festival site.

Hangin' with my folkies at the Fayetteville Roots Festival, held in beautiful Fayetteville AR on August 24 and 25! John Prine and David Grisman FlkJazz Trio headline. Great line-up; this festival features many of the amazing songwriters I've been lucky to meet through Folk Alliance and other folk-centric gatherings, including organizer Bryan Hembree and his group Three Penny Acre. Can't wait to see and hear 'yall!

HOBEX SPRING 2012 SHAKORI PERFORMANCE POSTED ON ARCHIVE.ORG

A recording of our Spring Shakori Festival performance has been posted on Archive.org here. Mixed live by Greg McGrath and recorded and posted by Capnhook, this epic recording captures our Festival-closing, Rain-defying Dance Tent Music Marathon:

- First set of HOBEX music featuring Rob Ladd, Andy Ware, Cyril Lance, Doug Largent, Robert Cantrell, Tim Smith, and Taz Halloween.

- a short acoustic interlude with Lizzy Ross and Members of Big Fat Gap.

- a second set of free-for-all jamming on some classic tunes, featuring the HOBEX All-Stars. Vocal turns by Andy Ware, Jeanne Jolly, Tim Smith, Sol Creech, and Cyril Lance. Guest appearances from some amazing musicians, including members of Kairaba, Suenalo, Driftwood, and Ben Palmer.

HOBEX fans, check it out. Music fans, check it out. Stream. Download. you won't be dissappointed.

Cheers, 

Greg 

Popular Posts