Bklyn 6/15, William Bell

Thanks to our NYC folks for coming out to our Rockwood 2 and 68 Jay St. Trio shows at the end of May! If you missed 'em, The Electric Trio will return to Superfine in DUMBO on Sunday, June 15 from 7 to 9 pm. More Summer shows to be announced soon.

WILLIAM BELL

I'm headed to ATL in June for a recording session with legendary Stax Soul man William Bell at his Wilbe studios for his upcoming album! You might remember my mention of our songwriting session together a year or so ago... well, William has already recorded one of our tunes, "I Will Remember Tonight," with his band. He and I will be recording another of our compositions, "In a Moment of Weakness."

What a thrill to work with one of the artchitects of Soul Music and one of my favorite songwriters! Can't wait for you guys to hear these tracks... I got to hear the version of our tune that he cut with his band and I was floored. He is one of the all-time great Soul vocalists.

William is featured in a new documentary on Memphis music called Take Me To The River, which also features Terrence Howard, Mavis Staples, Snoop Dog, Otis Clay, Bobby "Blue" Bland, North Mississippi All-Stars, and Booker T. Jones. Catch it if it comes to your town.
More soon,
Greg

Preview "Crosstown" on SoundCloud:

Preview the video for "More Than a Friend" on Vimeo:

Popular Posts